What is student grants and loans?
It is up to you whether you want to take out a loan. You must pay the loan back later on.
How much student grants and loans you can receive depends on whether you are studying full-time or part-time and how many weeks you are studying.
|Extra child allowance, 1/2/3/4 children||147/241/290/339|
|Additional loan||The amounts vary*|
*According to the kinds of extra costs that you have
You will be eligible to receive some of the grants and loans under special circumstances:
- The extra child allowance (tilläggsbidrag) is intended for you if you have children.
- The supplementary loan (tilläggslån) is intended for you if you turn 25 during the year and have worked previously and had a certain minimum income.
- The additional loan (merkostnadslån) is intended for you if you have extra costs while you are studying.
- Higher grant (högre bidrag) can you under certain circumstances receive if you are studying at the compulsory or upper secondary school level and do not already have an upper secondary qualification.
Can you receive student grants and loans?
You can receive student grants and loans:
- if you will be attending a college or university or taking certain other courses after upper secondary school
- if you will be attending a folk high school, adult secondary education programme (Komvux), national adult education programme, or another compulsory or upper secondary school starting in the autumn of the year that you turn 20
- until the year that you turn 56 - but your eligibility for a loan may be limited starting in the year that you turn 47.
How long can you receive student grants and loans?
If you will be studying at:
- a college or university, you can receive student grants and loans for up to 240 weeks (12 semesters)
- the upper secondary level, you can receive student grants and loans for 80-120 weeks, depending on whether you have completed upper secondary school
- the compulsory school level, you can receive student grants and loans for 40-100 weeks, depending on whether you have completed compulsory school and need practice in reading, writing and arithmetic.
How do you apply?
You apply for student grants and loans in Mina sidor at www.csn.se.