Compulsory and upper secondary education
The studies for which one may receive student aid are decided by either the government itself or the appropriate government bureau.
New courses are added and removed continuously and the list below is updated regularly. You will always find the current list of courses that one may receive student aid for in the appendix of the Study Support Ordinance. Unfortunately the Study Support Ordinance is only available in Swedish.
Contact CSN for more information regarding which courses you may receive student aid for.
Compulsory and upper secondary education that qualify you for financial aid for studies
- Municipal upper secondary schools
- Independent upper secondary schools approved under the Education Act (Swedish Code of Statutes 1985:1100)
- Adult secondary education programmes (Komvux), national adult education programmes and continuation courses that are not on contract
- Folk high schools, studies at the compulsory level and studies equivalent to an adult secondary education programme (Komvux)
Other schools and courses
- Preparatory courses at colleges and universities (prep year at college)
- Upper secondary education in English arranged by the Municipality of Stockholm
- Grännaskolan (Gränna International School), upper secondary education at a national boarding school
- International secondary education for an International Baccalaureate (IB) degree
- Hermods, education at the upper secondary level, as well as education for adults at the compulsory level
- Lundsbergs Skola, upper secondary education at a national boarding school
- Lycée Français Saint-Louis, education at the upper secondary level
- Sigtunaskolan Humanistiska Läroverket, upper secondary education at a national boarding school and international upper secondary education
- Municipality of Torsås, distance education at the upper secondary level
- Tyska skolan (German School), education at the upper secondary level