What qualifies you to receive financial aid for studies?
Study allowance - basic requirements
- You must be age 16-20.
- You must be studying full-time.
- You must be attending an upper secondary school, an adult secondary education programme (Komvux), a national adult education programme, or certain other courses and studies that are run by the government, receive public subsidies or are supervised by the government.
Student aid - basic requirements
- You must meet the age requirements. You may recieve student aid until the year that you turn 54, but your right to take out a loan will be limited from the year that you turn 45. For upper secondary education, there is also a minimum age of 20.
- You must be attending a school or course that qualifies you for student aid.
- You must be studying at least half-time.
- You must study for at least three weeks.