When you visit csn.se, cookies will be stored on your computer. A cookie is a text file that helps give the user access to various site functions.
The website uses two types of cookie. One is a “session cookie” which is temporarily saved on your computer. The cookie disappears when you close your browser. The other type of cookie is stored in your computer for a longer time and is known as a “persistent cookie”. You can delete cookies in your browser.
If you do not allow cookies to be stored on your computer, you can change this in your browser settings.
Session cookies will be saved on your computer until you close the browser. Then they disappear automatically. We use the following session cookies:
JSESSIONID. CSN uses several JSESSIONID cookies, one for each application. The files contain a session ID code that the site needs to be able to work properly. They are used to track your session and to keep you logged into our services. Domain: www.csn.se
testcookie. The file testcookie is used to find out if you allow cookies. Cookies are required for our services that requires you to sign in. Domain: www.csn.se
LtpaToken och LtpaToken 2. The files contains information about your signed in session and are used to enable our signed in services. Domain: .csn.se
Google Analytics Cookies
CSN uses the Google Analytics tool to collect usage statistics. These statistics are used to develop and improve the website. The website uses the following cookies:
- _gat_*. The file is used to limit the speed of requests. It is saved for ten minutes after it was created or last updated.
- _ga. This file is used to identify unique visitors to the site. It is saved for two years.
- _gali. The file is saved for monitoring. It will be saved for 30 seconds.
- _gaexp. This file is used for experiments like A/B tests. The length of time it is saved will depend on the length of the test, but usually up to 90 days.
Information generated from these cookies (including your IP address) is forwarded to the closest node in the Google Analytics Content Delivery network.
Google will not link your IP address to any other data they may have. CSN has set up Google Analytics so the information stored with Google is anonymous. This is by deleting the last digits of a visitor’s IP address before the data is stored with Google.
Google Analytics enables CSN to evaluate how the website is being used in order to improve content, navigation and structure. Google may also pass this information onto a third party if required by law, or if a third party will be processing the information on behalf of Google.
By downloading and using the add-on, your browser will opt-out of Google Analytics requests, meaning that you now have prevented any data from being collected by Google Analytics. The add-on is available for Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari and Opera.
Cookies from Webtrends
CSN uses the tool Webtrends to collect usage statistics. We use the statistics to develop and improve our website. The cookies from webtrends are saved for ten years and can be removed in your browser. Webtrends uses three cookies:
- Webtrends_ID. The file is from the Webtrends server. Domain: www.csn.se
Other persistent cookies
Cookies used for videos
Our website uses embedded videos. When you visit this type of website, cookies from two different parties might be saved:
- Youtube. CSN uses YouTube to play videos on the website. When you visit a website that has and embedded video, cookies will be saved from youtube.com. The files are saved for less than a year and can be deleted in your browser.
- ytimg.com. This file comes from Flash and will be saved when you visit a webpage with an embedded video. This contains settings such as sound volume. You can’t delete a Flash cookie, you need to do this in the Flash Player settings. Read the instructions on Macromedia’s website.