Jump to content

Discounts and insurance

Here you find information about discounts for students and insurances.


When you study, you can get different discounts. You must generally show a card that proves you are studying and are entitled to the discount. There are two different cards:

  • Studentkortet
  • Mecenatkortet.

CSN does not administrate the discount cards. It is done by the card companies.

To the web site Studentkortet (in Swedish)
To the web site Mecenatkortet (in Swedish)


When you attend a Swedish college or university in Sweden, you will be covered by a group personal injury insurance policy through Kammarkollegiet (Swedish Legal, Financial and Administrative Services Agency).

To the web site Kammarkollegiet (in Swedish)

Are you studying at another school, you can ask your school if you have an insurance.

If you are studying abroad, it is important that you have an insurance. Costs for medical care can otherwise bli very expensive. From CSN you can apply for a loan for insurance.

Icon for updated Updated: 2019-05-27
Did this page help you?

Send feedback

Lämna gärna dina synpunkter på webbplatsen. Observera att vi inte kan svara på din kommentar.

Du kan inte ställa frågor om ditt personliga ärende här.
Har du frågor om ditt personliga ärende ska du Kontakta oss.

Om du anger personuppgifter kommer vi att behandla dem enligt dataskyddsförordningen. Läs mer om hur vi behandlar dina personuppgifter.